So if you have been following my posts for the past couple of days you might have noticed that I have lots of chicken recipes. Chicken was on sale at the grocery store this week…but not in the convenient smaller sized packs…the giant family size! So I have got to blog about a few of my favorite chicken recipes. This recipe is a summer favorite in my house. I love the taste of grilled pineapple in any dish and the dipping sauce is what makes this recipe amazing. Give this recipe a try for a light but flavorful meal on a warm summer evening.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups Teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can sliced pineapple
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- Place chicken breasts in a bowl with 1 1/2 cups of Teriyaki sauce. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a grill for high heat. Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Place chicken breasts on grill and discard the remaining marinade. Cook for 6 minutes each side, until juices run clear or a meat thermometer reads 160. During the last five minutes of grilling, brush chicken with remaining 1/2 cup of Teriyaki sauce.
- Grill pineapple over direct heat for 3-5 minutes per side, turning once. When chicken is almost done, place one pineapple ring on top of each breast, and brush with melted butter.
- While the chicken is grilling, in a small saucepan over medium heat, mix the brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Serve with chicken for dipping.
Source: adapted from allrecipes.com