This past weekend my parents sent me home with a ton of fresh tomatoes from their garden. As I was thinking about what delicious recipes I could make with all of these tomatoes I immediately thought of salsa! What better recipe to make with all of these ripe tomatoes? My family loves to eat chips and salsa and this is one recipe that I seem to make once a week at my house. Besides this homemade red salsa, I have made two types of salsa over the summer- peach and apple salsa and peach and pepper salsa. My husband and I love hot and spicy dishes, however, if hot and spicy are not your thing, simply seed the jalapeno before mincing.
- 3 very ripe tomatoes (about 2 pounds), cored and diced small
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 medium red onion , diced small
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup lime juice from 4 medium limes