Butterscotch Drops

These creamy, buttery and delicious no bake butterscotch drop cookies will disappear in the blink of an eye.  You won’t believe how quick and easy these are to make. Three ingredients is all you need-that’s right-THREE! These were one of the first cookies that my friend Beth and I made when we started our annual baking day. We thought they were so amazing! I remember eating these until we were almost sick, but we just couldn’t stop-they were so delicious.

Butterscotch Drops

Ingredients:

• 1 2/3 cups (11-oz package) Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 5 1/2 cups corn flakes cereal

1. Line baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside.
  2. In a large, microwave-safe bowl, melt butterscotch morsels in the microwave uncovered on medium-high for 1 minute or until just melted. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Add corn flakes; stir until coated.
  3. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

Source: Very Best Baking

16 Responses to “Butterscotch Drops”

Annie's Dish — November 11, 2010 @ 7:32 am

This is the first time I have ever seen these cookies. They look so good! I love easy drop cookies.

beth — November 11, 2010 @ 8:27 am

oh man, i remember those days… in fact i think a couple of times we did eat them until we were in pain! but youre right, they are fantastically delicious. this makes me want to go looking through my recipes to find some cookies to contribute to the annual baking day!

HappyWhenNotHungry — November 11, 2010 @ 8:39 am

These cookies look amazing and the fact that there’s only 3 ingredients and no actual baking is even better! Thanks for sharing :-)

briarrose — November 11, 2010 @ 3:06 pm

Yummy. Nothing like a treat that is super easy to put together.

andi — November 11, 2010 @ 8:22 pm

sound great!! i might do half chocolate chips, half butterscotch chips and see how that works. i’m just way too obsessed with chocolate.

Danae (The Busty Baker) — November 12, 2010 @ 12:37 am

OMG! I can’t believe what a small world it is! Here I’ve been stalking your blog for while, and I’ve seriously bookmarked like 5 different recipes lately to try, and never even knew it was you!! Guess that’ll teach me to click on the About Me more often! How have you been?

Kathie — November 12, 2010 @ 6:52 am

Love 5 ingredients or less recipes. But three?! Wow. Jackpot, and they sound absolutely delicious. This weekend for sure. THANK YOU.

Medifast — November 12, 2010 @ 11:17 am

I am making these this afternoon. The kids are going to love these.

Pat Lamneck — November 12, 2010 @ 4:10 pm

I am going to make these with my class. The kids can easily do this. Thanks! :)

Pretty. Good. Food. — November 13, 2010 @ 12:50 pm

:)! This makes me super happy! My husband made these for me when we first started dating. It was super sweet and man, they were DELICIOUS!!! He made them back in his boy scout days. Great for kids, great for adults. I’ve made them for bbq’s and they’re always the first to go. So easy and tasty! Thanks for posting this and reminding me of a good memory :)! Yum, now I’m hungry!!!

Leslie Sarna — November 17, 2010 @ 9:45 pm

Yum! I make the same cookies but use half butterscotch half chocolate chips : )

Rachael — January 7, 2011 @ 3:50 pm

thank you thank you thank you! my grandma use to make these for me when I was little to put in my lunch! I asked her about 10 years ago while pregnant how to make them, and she had forgot. We have been looking everywhere in her house and on the web and FINALLY I found your site! Today is her birthday, so I am going to suprise her with these! Thank you sooooooo much!

• Christina replied: — January 7th, 2011 @ 11:14 pm

Oh wow! I am so happy that you found this recipe! :) That is such a sweet story! I hope your grandma had a great birthday and enjoyed this wonderful surprise!

• Rachael replied: — March 26th, 2011 @ 12:38 am

OMG they were fab! Although many didnt make it to grandma my family looooved them! thank you again for bringing such an awesome memory and taste back to me!

13. Pingback: Garlic-Potato Soup | Sweet Pea's Kitchen

Carole — November 7, 2013 @ 7:01 pm

These are the best. My family has been making these since I was a little girl. My kids are grown up now and still we enjoy this recipe. There would be no true Christmas or vacation without them. Glad to see that we are not the only ones making them.