Oreo Truffles

Oreo truffles! One of the easiest and delicious truffles you will ever make. I mean come on, you really can’t go wrong with cream cheese and Oreo cookies. This recipe is a lot of fun for kids too, they can help you roll each ball and dip them in chocolate. I only make these Oreo truffles once a year. Christmas just would not be Christmas without these rich and decadent truffles. :)

Oreo Truffles

Ingredients:

• 1 package (8 oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
  • 1 package Oreo Cookies, finely crushed
  • 2 packages (8 squares each) Bakers Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted

1. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until combined.
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt chocolate in a metal bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough or cut into desired shapes with 1 1/2-inch cookie cutter and place on the prepared baking sheet.  Insert a wooden toothpick into each ball. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
  3. Dip into melted chocolate Return to wax paper and remove toothpick. Repeat with remaining balls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set. Drizzle with white chocolate if desired.

Source: Kraft Recipes

17 Responses to “Oreo Truffles”

HappyWhenNotHungry — December 23, 2010 @ 8:55 am

These look delicious and so cute too! Thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays!

Linnie — December 23, 2010 @ 9:32 am

These are SO good, and easy to make. My daughter introduced me to this recipe last Christmas, calling them Oreo Cookie Balls. Of course, Oreo Truffles sounds so much better. Either way, they are delicious; and were extremely popular at my Christmas party. This time when we make them, we’re going to try the different shapes. Merry Christmas Christina!

beth — December 23, 2010 @ 9:40 am

oh wow, i dont know why ive never thought to shape them into things other than a ball! they look so cute as trees and stars and whatnot! also, you can do this recipe with a package of nutter butters if youre looking for a peanut butter truffle or a box of store bought gingersnaps for a spicey truffle!

3rdfloorbakes — December 23, 2010 @ 9:54 am

These are one of my favorite holiday treats. Yours look beautiful!

Aray — December 23, 2010 @ 10:05 am

Hi there, I love your recipes! How do you get them shaped that way (christmas tree, etc.)?

• Christina replied: — December 23rd, 2010 @ 5:14 pm

Thank you so much! I used a 1 1/2 inch cookie cutter to make then into shapes.

oneshotbeyond — December 23, 2010 @ 12:47 pm

I bookmarked this!!! :-)

Kristen — December 23, 2010 @ 1:05 pm

Love the star shape! Great idea. =)

Peggy — December 23, 2010 @ 1:31 pm

Love all the cute shapes you’ve got going on with these! I love the ease of these truffles and they’re always a crowd pleaser!

oneordinaryday — December 23, 2010 @ 2:12 pm

My favorites are made with the mint oreos – yum! Love the cut-out shapes!! So festive and fun.

Kristi — December 24, 2010 @ 7:59 am

This is the first year I made oreo truffles… those things are so good!!!

Gwynne — December 25, 2010 @ 12:46 am

I made some of these today. I’ve been seeing the recipe everywhere the last couple of weeks, so I just had to try them. A bit messy, but oh so good and worth it!

12. Pingback: Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies | Sweet Pea's Kitchen

jen7714 — December 25, 2010 @ 3:06 pm

I posted a recipe on the exact same subject a week ago. Here’s my recipe:

Tanvi — December 25, 2010 @ 3:35 pm

This does look the easiest recipe ever for truffles.I love the cute little balls and stars you have made them into!Happy Holidays!

15. Pingback: Homemade Oreos | Sweet Pea's Kitchen