Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary and Sea Salt

These roasted potatoes are one of my absolute favorite side dishes. With a crunchy skin and creamy interior, how can you go wrong? This recipe includes my favorite herb-rosemary! I swear, I could add it to almost every dish I make. I just love the smell and taste of it!  Toss in a bowl and throw in a roasting pan-it doesn’t get much easier than that! :)

Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary and Sea Salt

Ingredients:

• 20-26 baby red potatoes, about 3 pounds total weight, each 1 ½-2 inches in diameter
  • 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1 3/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
  • 7-10 springs of rosemary or sage

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, olive oil, sea salt, and rosemary. Toss to coat.
  3. Spread into a roasting pan in a single layer and roast until a knife inserted shows no resistance, about 1 ½ hours.

Source: Williams Sonoma Christmas Entertaining

13 Responses to “Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary and Sea Salt”

happywhennothungry — January 10, 2011 @ 10:08 am

On New Year’s Eve, we had dinner at a steakhouse, and I had the rosemary smashed potatoes. They were amazing, and I’m sure would be just as good roasted too. Thanks for sharing!

Jeannie — January 10, 2011 @ 10:44 am

Yes I agreed they do look delicious and rosemary is an amazing herb…love it too!

Kristen — January 10, 2011 @ 10:47 am

I love rosemary! My (second) birthday cake was a lemon rosemary one. =) Spectacular!

I also add rosemary to lots of my dishes – especially tilapia and anything with potatoes. We love The Pioneer Woman’s Crash Hot Potatoes (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/crash-hot-potatoes/)

The crunchy bits are so delicious! I’m sure they would be so similar in taste to yours. Mmmm…

Linnie — January 10, 2011 @ 12:09 pm

The picture alone is making my mouth water! Will be trying these soon!

ezsrecipes — January 10, 2011 @ 12:52 pm

These sound wonderful with the rosemary. And I love sea salt in anything. So good. I can just imagine the flavors!

Heavenly Housewife — January 10, 2011 @ 1:04 pm

Simple but delicious. THere are few things that hit the spot as good as yummy roast potatoes like these.
    *kisses* HH

oneordinaryday — January 10, 2011 @ 7:20 pm

Bet this smells amazing.

8. Pingback: Tweets that mention Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary and Sea Salt | Sweet Pea's Kitchen -- Topsy.com

Sara — January 10, 2011 @ 10:33 pm

I love recipes like this! Roasted vegetables are one of the simplest and tastiest things I can make.

The Food Hound — January 11, 2011 @ 6:25 am

It wouldn’t even matter if these potatoes were good (even though they are :)… it just means your house gets to smell like rosemary!! Never a bad thing!!

Suchitra Vaidyaram — January 11, 2011 @ 1:17 pm

oh my, this looks sinfully good! gotta definitely try

12. Pingback: Thanksgiving Countdown | Sweet Pea's Kitchen