Cape Cod Wedding Weekend

My husband and I have had such an amazing weekend with friends that we have not seen in over a year. We stayed in the house that the couple rented for all of the wedding festivities. The house had spectacular sunsets and stunning waterviews of Hatches Harbor and the lighthouse. It was fun to watch the tide come in and out from the wrap around porch. When the tide was low it looked like a grassy marsh.

However, when the tide was high, you had these incredible waterviews.

The wedding festivities kicked off with a welcome barbecue on Friday evening, followed by the wedding and reception on Saturday and a farewell brunch this morning. The couple had planned for a beach wedding, however the weather had other plans. It rained all morning and the beach was too wet, so they decided to have it in the rental house overlooking the harbor. You couldn’t have asked for a better wedding. The couple had everyone in tears as they were reading their written vows.

After everyone dried their eyes and congratulated the couple, we were chauffeured around in a trolly for a tour of the area. It was such a wonderful idea! The trolly stopped at various places and allowed us to get off and take pictures if we wanted.

After the trolly ride we came back to the rental house where it was transformed into an amazing reception site. Tables were set up and the house furniture was removed to reveal a dance floor. Since the house was rented, the reception lasted well into the early morning. :D

This morning we woke up to a fully catered brunch accompanied with mimosas and bloody marys. After many of the wedding guests left this afternoon, a bunch of us walked down to The Lobster Pot overlooking historic Provincetown harbor. The food was just as incredible as the waterviews. I had a bowl of the Cape Cod Chowder Fest award winning Clam Chowder and some amazing Lobster Ravioli Alfredo that was served in a parmesan cream with panko parmesan crust. It was absolutely delicious!

My husband enjoyed the Sopa Do Mar that was brimming with mussels, clams, scallops, shrimp, calamari and fish poached in a provincial style stock. If you are ever in the Cape Cod area I highly recommend the Lobster Pot. The food was incredible and the views were equally stunning.

Tomorrow we leave Cape Cod and head for Boston where we are meeting up with some family that we have not seen in a while. I am super excited! Do you have any recommendations on some great Boston restaurants to check out? Unfortunately, we are only in Boston tomorrow, but we can check out one or two! A girls gotta eat you know! ;)

21 Responses to “Cape Cod Wedding Weekend”

Kate — June 12, 2011 @ 9:36 pm

What a gorgeous wedding & that meal looks amazing.

Rufus' Food and Spirits Guide — June 12, 2011 @ 10:25 pm

Great house and wonderful food. Looks like an amazing getaway.

Suzanne — June 12, 2011 @ 10:56 pm

Try Maggiano’s in Boston. You will have a great meal

chicaandaluza — June 13, 2011 @ 3:27 am

It looks like something from a movie! What a wonderful, personal wedding it must have been – perfect. I want to follow in your footsteps, the trip looks incredible.

The Teenage Taste — June 13, 2011 @ 7:05 am

Wow! Cape Cod is beautiful! The perfect setting for a spring/almost-summer wedding! ;-)

jodi — June 13, 2011 @ 7:58 am

Christina,
    Lucky, lucky you! The clam chowder at the Lobster Pot is the best in all of New England! My husband is from Cape Cod, so we spend a fair amount of vacation time out there.

While in Boston, on Mt. Vernon Street, is a wonderful Middle Eastern restaurant called Lala Rokh. The decor isn’t the best, but the food is amazing. http://www.lalarokh.com/

However, if you want an adorable and romantic venue, with delicious French food and a friendly bartender, try The Hungry I. It’s on Charles Street, located sub-street level. http://www.hungryiboston.com/ Honestly, it is the prettiest restaurant in Boston. Even if you only have the time for a cocktail, sit at the bar and ask the bartender for whatever he likes to make. Sure to please!

Enjoy your day! I’m so jealous.

tryityoumightlikeit — June 13, 2011 @ 9:05 am

I was at the Cape this weekend too. The weather was rather unfortunate. We had plans to go to the beach but ended up staying inside and watching movies. I wish I had restaurant recommendations for you but I rarely eat out in Boston except to go to Faniuel Hall.

Maris (In Good Taste) — June 13, 2011 @ 12:14 pm

What gorgeous pictures! Fabulous wedding weekend!

Jenny — June 13, 2011 @ 12:38 pm

Cape Cod is gorgeous! Must have been an incredible wedding :D

Kim - Liv Life — June 13, 2011 @ 4:03 pm

What a fun weekend! The wedding sounds absolutely beautiful, and how nice that you all got to spend so much time together. I’ve never been to the East Coast, let alone Cape Cod. What a treat!

Fran Holmstrom — June 13, 2011 @ 5:53 pm

I’m a transplanted Bostonian but get back often to see family (mom’s in Boston and my two sisters live on the Cape). I’d highly recommend a trip to EVOO which has relocated to Kendall Square in Cambridge which, of course, is considered metropolitan Boston. It’s only a few subway stops on the T from downtown Boston. Of course, you can’t go wrong with a trip to Legal Seafoods–there are at least two locations in Boston, one on Harborside Drive and the other on State Street. I learned from one of your posts that you’re moving out my current way–Chicagoland. Please consider that you have a foodie friend here. My twin daughters are pre-med students, and I’d love to talk food and physician-hood with you! BTW, I enjoy your site very much!!

Molly — June 13, 2011 @ 6:06 pm

I don’t know what your transportation/group size will be while you’re in Boston, but the absolute best brunch place on the entire universe is in Ball Square of Somerville- Ball Square Cafe- http://www.ballsquarecafe.com/ – absolutely incredible. It’s a very small place and I can almost guarantee you there will be a wait (although maybe not midweek), but the line moves quickly and Mike- the owner- definitely takes care of you while you wait. The food is unmatched, filled with fresh ingredients, and you will certainly get enough food- they have both sweet and savory dishes and the grilled mashed potatoes are to die for. Like I said, it’s small, so if you’re traveling with a big group it may not be the best location, but mid week tends to be a lot slower.

joan — June 13, 2011 @ 9:16 pm

Love your travel log. Keep us posted. I am grounded due to some surgery so traveling vicariously thru you. Food and cooking are my passions so love hearing about your eating experiences and the recipes you share. Enjoy Boston!!!

• Christina replied: — June 18th, 2011 @ 2:35 pm

Thanks so much Joan! I wish you a speedy recovery! :D

Jenny (VintageSugarcube) — June 14, 2011 @ 6:04 pm

Loved this post and getting to live vicariously through you for a bit. Looks like one heck of a wedding. :)

Tina- Vanillandspice — June 14, 2011 @ 6:58 pm

That wedding cake is gorgeous! I bet it was beautiful there. :)

Jenny (VintageSugarcube) — June 14, 2011 @ 7:32 pm

Fantasticoooo pics. It was fun to live vicariously through your awesome wedding weekend!!

Jenny (VintageSugarcube) — June 14, 2011 @ 7:34 pm

Looks like a fantasticooooo of a weekend! Great pics as always. :)

18. Pingback: Crunchy Peanut Butter Dog Treats | Sweet Pea's Kitchen