Raspberry Cream Cheese Brownies

Rich chocolate and luscious raspberries come together in these delicious Raspberry Cream Cheese Brownies to create a deeply satisfying summer dessert. These truffle-like brownies have a creamy cheesecake and raspberry layer that is swirled between two layers of raspberry infused brownie batter. Seriously, do I need to go on? I sent these brownies to work with Andrew to share with his coworkers…I had to get them out of the house so I wouldn’t be tempted to eat the entire batch! :D These brownies are super rich so make sure to cut them into small squares.

One Year Ago: Chipotle Bean Burritos

• 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
  • 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1/2 cup raspberry jam, divided
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter the bottom and sides of a 8 inch metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
  2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract until combined, about 1 minute; Set aside.
  3. In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
  4. In a small, heatproof bowl, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir until combined and very smooth. Whisk in 1/4 cup jam and set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla to the chocolate mixture, and stir until combined. Whisk in flour mixture until just incorporated.
  5. Microwave the remaining 1/4 cup jam until warm, about 30 seconds, and stir until smooth.
  6. Spread half of brownie batter into the prepared baking dish. Dollop the cream cheese by the spoonful over the batter, and spread into an even layer. Drop spoonfuls of warm jam over the cream cheese, and use the tip of a knife to swirl jam through the filling. Spread the remaining batter evenly over the filling.
  7. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few dry crumbs attached, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 2 hours before lifting out the parchment paper to remove the brownies.

Yields: 16 brownies

Source: Pink Parsley, originally from Cook’s Illustrated, Summer Entertaining

17 Responses to “Raspberry Cream Cheese Brownies”

simplynutritiouskate — July 18, 2011 @ 11:09 am

I absolutely love the combo of raspberries and chocolate!!!

Amy — July 18, 2011 @ 11:12 am

Oh man, this is like my all time favorite dessert. I love cream cheese brownies…and adding fruit flavor must take them over the top. That was smart of you to get them out of the house asap! I def couldn’t be trusted around them :)

Rufus' Food and Spirits Guide — July 18, 2011 @ 11:19 am

Yes, please! I love cream cheese brownies. Add raspberry, even better.

chicaandaluza — July 18, 2011 @ 12:03 pm

Oh my – can´t get raspberries but am sure I could work something out! Look wonderful :)

Junia @ Mis Pensamientos — July 18, 2011 @ 12:21 pm

ahhh your hubby’s coworkers must love your baking!!! i have a weakness for brownies. these look divine, sweet pea!

Erin — July 18, 2011 @ 12:42 pm

I love super rich brownies, I wouldn’t ever cut them into small pieces. Even if I did I’d stil end up eating a ton of them :-)

Sasha @ The Procrastobaker — July 18, 2011 @ 1:06 pm

oh wowww these look absolutely divine! Im posting about a sort of cookie equivalent to these lovelies tomorrow morning, if you liked these then you should check them out for sure! Andrew has very lucky coworkers indeed :)

Mandy @ Withmilkandflour — July 18, 2011 @ 1:16 pm

Oh my goodness, these look delicious. Great idea adding in the raspberries.

Valerie — July 18, 2011 @ 1:23 pm

I love brownies! But can you believe i haven’t made one for ages?? Yours looks sooo good… I love the filling you chose!

Jenny — July 18, 2011 @ 3:25 pm

Wow love the raspberry/chocolate combo! Yumm :D

Caroline — July 18, 2011 @ 3:56 pm

Love the photo of the brownie with the bite–looks divine! Raspberries are one of my favorite fruits to bake with.

Maris(In Good Taste) — July 18, 2011 @ 5:58 pm

Brownies are so good and the addition of raspberries has elevated that status to great!

Kay aka Babygirl — July 18, 2011 @ 11:09 pm

These raspberry cream cheese brownies look so decadent and delicious that I think I wish i could have a piece right now lol.

muppy — July 19, 2011 @ 12:23 am

delicious, i want one!

raquel @ erecipe — July 19, 2011 @ 1:40 am

These look wonderful!

Heidi @ Food Doodles — July 19, 2011 @ 6:13 pm

Yum! Cream cheese and raspberries in brownies? That sounds absolutely amazing! And they look incredible :)

17. Pingback: Raspberry Lemonade | Sweet Pea's Kitchen