Soup’s On! A Soup Roundup!

Free Autumn Leaves Wallpaper Download

Well it is official…fall is underway here in central Illinois. I mark the official arrival of fall in my house when I have to turn on the heat. No longer does wrapping up in blankets and sweatshirts cut it. You know it is cold when you don’t even want to crawl out of bed in the morning. The heat had to come on! When colder weather rolls in or when it is rainy or snowy outside I always reach for a bowl of soup. What is it about soup that makes you feel so great? There really is nothing better than snuggling under a blanket with a warm and comforting bowl of soup. I want to share with you all of my favorite soups that I love to enjoy this time of year. I hope newer followers will enjoy the highlight of some of my older soup recipes and longtime followers enjoy the reminder.

fall-leaves

One Year Ago: Sweet Potato Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting

Corn Chowder:

Corn Chowder with fresh corn, redskin potatoes, bacon and onions.

Harvest Pumpkin Soup:

Rich and creamy Harvest Pumpkin Soup that is sure to warm you up when the air turns crisp.

Guinness Beef Stew:

Hearty beef stew with carrots, potatoes, onions and mushrooms slowly simmered in Guinness and a brown gravy.

Chili Con Carne:

Spicy and Hearty Chili Con Carne with ground beef chuck, three types of beans, cumin and crushed red peppers-perfect for a cool fall night!

Tortilla Soup:

Flavorful Mexican soup topped with Monterey jack cheese, avocado, green onions, lime wedges, and crushed tortillas.
Texas Chili:
Big chunks of beef, spices, chipotle chiles and beans are simmered together to make one incredible chili.

Spicy Chicken Soup:

Shredded chicken, corn, chunks of tomatoes, and spices simmer together to create a spicy and flavorful soup your family will love on a chilly fall evening.
Three Bean Vegetarian Chili:

Quick, healthy, and satisfying three bean vegetarian chili. Chili does not need to have meat to be filling and satisfying on a chilly fall day, in fact, you won’t even miss the meat! This thick, chunky, and hearty soup has three different types of beans, butternut squash, tomatoes, and an array of spices.

Hot and Sour Soup:

Hot and Sour Soup..one of my favorite soups when the weather turns cooler.

Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup:

Quick and easy chicken noodle soup loaded with fresh vegetables, herbs, and homemade noodles. This soup is the perfect answer for anyone that is feeling under the weather.
Butternut Squash Soup:
This rich and creamy butternut squash soup is warm and comforting on a chilly fall evening. So rich and creamy, you will be surprised to learn that it is actually healthy as well!
Beef and Pinto Bean Chili:

This hearty Beef and Pinto Bean Chili is loaded with pinto beans, tomatoes, jalapeños, onions and lots of seasoning! Make is as hot or mild as you wish!

Hearty Lentil Soup:

Hearty lentil soup….thick, rich and guaranteed to warm you up on a chilly fall evening.

Baked Potato Soup:

Creamy baked potato soup topped with green onions, cheddar cheese, and crumbled bacon. You would never guess that this soup comes from Cooking Light Magazine. All the taste without all of the calories and fat!
 I hope you enjoyed my soup roundup! I would love to hear how any of the recipes turn out for you! Drop me a comment and let me know here or you can even upload a picture over on the Facebook Fan Page for Sweet Pea’s Kitchen! :D

23 Responses to “Soup’s On! A Soup Roundup!”

Amy — November 3, 2011 @ 1:15 pm

oh my goodness, are those trees at the top of your post near your house? I have never seen such beautiful and vibrant colors in my life! Amazing. And the recipes are, of course, delicious as usual :)

falling4food — November 3, 2011 @ 1:38 pm

i’ve been craving corn chowder! thanks for reminding me to add it to my list to make :)

The Café Sucré Farine — November 3, 2011 @ 2:27 pm

Wow, what a plethora of fabulous looking soup recipes! I’m really in that same frame of mind now!

Rufus' Food and Spirits Guide — November 3, 2011 @ 2:41 pm

As if the list of recipes of yours to try wasn’t already long enough! Love the Guinness stew and the potato soup and the corn chowder….

thelegaltart — November 3, 2011 @ 3:23 pm

You are making me long for soup season! They all look yum.

eat healthy. be happy. live well. — November 3, 2011 @ 3:48 pm

YUM!! I’ve been meaning to make a new soup and you just gave me a few good ideas :) Chili is definitely my favorite fall food and right now I can’t get enough of it!

ChgoJohn — November 3, 2011 @ 4:17 pm

That’s one heckuva round-up! I’ll be coming back to this page a number of times as the months progress and the temps drop. Thanks!

Michael Ann Riley — November 3, 2011 @ 4:58 pm

Mmmm, mmmm, good! I’m saving this and plan to try ALL of them! :-)

Linda Ghostwriter — November 3, 2011 @ 6:16 pm

Oh Joy! Love “fall” soups, and love this blog post! You’ve included some good ‘ole soup favorites and “newby’s” too! Can’t wait to try! Thanks for the great meal ideas! ‘Gonna surprise hubby with one of these, real soon!

Rach @ This Italian Family — November 3, 2011 @ 8:11 pm

Gorgeous fall photos! Seriously stunning! And so many delicious looking soups!

Chung-Ah @ Damn Delicious — November 3, 2011 @ 11:09 pm

I want to make all of these!! Mmmm…

Lula Harp — November 4, 2011 @ 1:28 am

I’ve been thinking it’s that time of year. Beautiful inspiration

mydanishkitchen — November 4, 2011 @ 3:56 am

Wonderful soup roundup, everything looks so delicious. And the nature shots in your post are amaaaaazing!!

Bluejellybeans — November 4, 2011 @ 6:09 am

Yumm! Thanks for sharing Christina, it’s going to be difficult to choose, I’ll have to try them all ;)

jennknee — November 4, 2011 @ 10:19 am

Wow!! Gorgeous photos!!! And it is definitely soup time here in B.C…….it froze last night!! Thick ice allll over my car and slick streets! You couldn’t have chosen a better time to post your soups.
    Speaking of soups..Oh. Em. Goodness. I want to make them all…especially the lentil soup, and the butternut squash soup…oh…and the three bean vegetarian chili…oh yeah..annnnd the quick and easy chicken noodle..!!..annnnd…..;) yeah all of em.

Jordyn — November 4, 2011 @ 11:31 am

I have been making the Baked Potato Soup from Cooking Light for several years now. It is my family’s favorite soup. As soon as the weather starts to get cold, my daughter starts to ask me “when are you going to make that soup?” It’s so yummy!

Christine — November 5, 2011 @ 3:55 pm

Great soup round-up. Thanks for sharing.

Eliot — November 6, 2011 @ 5:33 pm

I can’t decide which one to try first!

Brave New Food — November 7, 2011 @ 8:07 pm

am so trying your baked potato soup! :)

20. Pingback: warm me up. [chicken and potato corn chowder] «

Kristy — November 8, 2011 @ 12:46 pm

Fabulous round-up and your fall pictures are just gorgeous!

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) — November 8, 2011 @ 9:07 pm

Lots of great ideas here!

Ashley — November 13, 2011 @ 11:05 am

What a great roundup! Thanks for all of the inspiration!