Chocolate Caramel Cracker Bars

If you are looking for a quick and easy crowd pleasing snack for your New Years Eve party, I’ve got you covered. These no-bake bars are not only incredibly delicious but super easy to make! Layers of buttery crackers, chewy homemade caramel, chocolate, peanut butter, and butterscotch are topped off with a sprinkling of roasted peanuts. Depending on whether your baking pan has straight or curved sides, you may or may not use as many crackers as suggested. This salty sweet combination won’t last long, so you might as well double the recipe! ;)

One Year Ago: Baba Ghanoush

• pinch salt

For the Frosting:

• 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
  • 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped

1. Arrange 1/2 the crackers in the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan, breaking a few to fit if needed. Cracks between the crackers are OK, just don’t leave any gaping holes. aside;set aside.
  2. In a saucepan over medium-high heat boil all caramel ingredients for 3 minutes, or until sugars melt. Stir constantly to prevent scorching.
  3. Pour caramel over crackers and spread with an offset spatula to cover evenly. Top caramel with another layer of crackers, arranging them in the same manner as the first layer.
  4. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat melt peanut butter and chips until smooth. Drizzle over crackers and spread with an offset spatula.
  5. Sprinkle peanuts over the chocolate and chill until set, at least 2 hours.
  6. Cut bars lengthwise into 2 ¼ inch wide strips. Remove strips from pan and cut at a 45-degree angle to form diamond shapes.

Yields: 3 dozen bars
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Ready In: 2 hours and 2 minutes (includes chilling)

Source: Cuisine Cookies for the Holidays

23 Responses to “Chocolate Caramel Cracker Bars”

Lori @ RecipeGirl — December 30, 2011 @ 8:20 am

These look awesome. Even at 6am!

Rufus' Food and Spirits Guide — December 30, 2011 @ 9:16 am

Wow, those look awesome.

Michael Ann — December 30, 2011 @ 10:47 am

I love this combo and these looks SO good. I have all the ingredients, I just might make these today!!

Karista — December 30, 2011 @ 11:18 am

Wow! Love these! What a great recipe to prepare with the kiddos during the long winter break. Happy New Year!

cravesadventure — December 30, 2011 @ 11:35 am

Look oh so delicious. Thank goodness for gyms, so I can have a sweet treat once in a while, especially lately – ha! Have a Happy New Year!!!

Lisa Frank — December 30, 2011 @ 11:49 am

What brand of crackers did you use? When I read “butter crackers” I was thinking Ritz, but then it said “rectangular”…any suggestions?

• Christina replied: — December 31st, 2011 @ 2:53 pm

Lisa,
      I used the Keebler Club Crackers. If you give them a try I would love to know how they turned out for you! :)

• mac replied: — January 5th, 2012 @ 8:11 pm

I use Toppables by Christie.

scrappygolden — December 30, 2011 @ 2:01 pm

These look wonderful! Going to a New Year’s Day party and my oven stopped working, so you had me at no-bake. :)

ChgoJohn — December 30, 2011 @ 8:23 pm

Great idea, Christina! Who needs baking on the day of a party?

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — December 31, 2011 @ 6:53 am

At first I thought these were called “Crack” bars but I actually think that title would work here, too! YUM

fitnessnfoodiegirl — December 31, 2011 @ 10:10 am

Wow these look heavenly!

Emily @ Life on Food — December 31, 2011 @ 1:38 pm

These look beautiful, just like something you would go to a fancy candy store and get as a gift. Great treat for a party!

Jo — December 31, 2011 @ 5:58 pm

Looks delicious. Would love for you to share your pictures with us over at foodepix.com.

Erin @ Making Memories — January 1, 2012 @ 1:56 pm

These look wonderful! PInning these for later. Thanks.

Sylvia — January 2, 2012 @ 1:11 am

These are the most wonderful cookies, I have made these cookies and lost the recipe,
    am so glad to find them again, I love your Sweet Pea recipes, I came across your
    site a few months ago and have been coming to it all the time, it is great. Thank You.

• Christina replied: — January 3rd, 2012 @ 8:36 am

Sylvia,
      I love these cookies too! So easy and delicious! :)

Lacy — January 5, 2012 @ 1:25 pm

It’s past new years but I will definitely try these out anyway! They sound soooo delicious! I can just imagine how well all of the flavors go together. Yum!

mac — January 5, 2012 @ 8:06 pm

I nearly had a coronary earlier when I couldn’t find my copy of the magazine that has the recipe. To make matters worse I don’t call them “Chocolate Caramel Cracker bars” (as they are here and in the recipe) so to find the recipe online was never going to happen. Long and short of it, I found the magazine, photocopied it, googled the actual name and found this page and it’s now in my favorites’ list.

My family devours these bars. They are to die for and are the biggest hit at every event I take them to.

Thank you for having the recipe online and being one of my back ups :)

• Christina replied: — January 9th, 2012 @ 1:02 pm

You are so welcome Mac! I love these bars too…one of my favorites! :)

Willa@ArmstrongFamilyFare — January 6, 2012 @ 6:49 pm

These look amazing! Love that it’s a no bake recipe!

Pictures are great too!
    Willa

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — January 6, 2012 @ 10:31 pm

Mercy, those look fabulous!

Bonnie Banters — March 25, 2012 @ 11:54 am

Completely amazing! Can picture how great these taste, plus they make a great presentation!