The Best of 2011!

I really can’t believe how fast 2011 flew by! We had such a fun and exciting year! :) Andrew ran his first 500 Festival Mini Marathon with me in May. He also finished his Dermatopatholgy Fellowship in Indianapolis 0n May 31. After 5 years of teaching at the same school, I had to quit when we found out that we were moving to Peoria for Andrew’s new job. The month of June we traveled to Miami, Key West, Boston, Cape Cod, and the Cayman Islands. In July we moved to Peoria, Illinois for Andrew’s job. We have had a few months to settle into our new city and it finally beginning to feel like home. I am excited to see all that 2012 has in store for us! Here’s to a happy and healthy 2012!! :D

One Year Ago: Top 10 of 2010

Here are my Top 10 Most Popular Posts of 2011! I am happy to see that they included some of my favorites as well! I hope you enjoy! :D

Number 10: Buffalo Chicken Bites

Number 9: Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies

Number 8: Peanut Butter Banana Bread

Number 7: Millionaire’s Shortbread

Number 6: Glazed Doughnut Muffins

Number 5: Soft Lofthouse Style Frosted Cookies

Number 4: Homemade Crispy Potato Tots (Tater Tots)

Number 3: Chocolate Nutella Scotcheroos

Number 2: Graham Cracker S’more’s Cookies

And the #1 post of 2011 was…..Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies

If you have tried any of my Top 10 I would love to hear how any of they turned out for you! Drop me a comment and let me know here or you can even upload a picture over on the Facebook Fan Page for Sweet Pea’s Kitchen! :D

24 Responses to “The Best of 2011!”

Rufus' Food and Spirits Guide — December 31, 2011 @ 11:33 am

Wow, you always post such great stuff. Aside from the crumble bars and marmalade cookies, which we tried and loved, I’d have to say my favorite post(s) were the tailgating series. Here’s to a great 2012.

ChgoJohn — December 31, 2011 @ 12:39 pm

This is one fantastic round-up and, my, you have had a busy year! Have a wonderful New Year and I look forward to the many dishes you’ll use to tantalize us in 2012.

Norma — December 31, 2011 @ 3:05 pm

Thanks for all your great recipes. Keep up the good work. Wish you and your family a great new year.

Sarah E. — December 31, 2011 @ 3:24 pm

Yum! I found your blog late this year and I’ve shared a zillion of your recipes in my weekly round ups, but I STILL haven’t made any. 2012 needs to be a Sweet Pea cooking year :)

Just A Smidgen — December 31, 2011 @ 6:20 pm

What a stunning collection of food photography, I can only imagine what everything tastes like. Well, I can imagine just by your photos! Wishing you the best in 2012!

justabaker — December 31, 2011 @ 7:52 pm

I made the Red Velvet Cheescake bars this year and absolutely LOVED them, so did the guests. Also made the Chocolate Nutella Scotcheroos…I love Nutella and so happy to find a great recipe for it! Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies are next on my list to try. I love your site!! Keep sharing great recipes!!

• Christina replied: — January 2nd, 2012 @ 3:07 pm

I hope you enjoy the brownies! They are one of my favorites…let me know how they turn out for you! :)

Michael Ann — December 31, 2011 @ 8:44 pm

Everything here looks wonderful! Happy New Year to you!

Karen — January 1, 2012 @ 7:44 am

It is always fun looking back at the past year. The photos your your wonderful dishes are great. Have a happy and healthy 2012.

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — January 1, 2012 @ 9:00 am

What a round up! Hope you had a wonderful New Years Eve and a great start to the new year:-)

Erica — January 1, 2012 @ 9:02 am

Everything looks all sooo yummy, Happy New Year!!!

11. Pingback: Sauerkraut Soup | Sweet Pea's Kitchen

Christine — January 1, 2012 @ 6:53 pm

Two thumbs up on this.

Eliot — January 1, 2012 @ 8:37 pm

Hope you have a great 2012 in your new city! (Hope we see lots of great recipes from you in 2012 as well!) Happy New Year!

14. Pingback: Carrot Cake | Sweet Pea's Kitchen

Erin — January 2, 2012 @ 5:11 pm

What a great list of recipes!

Baker Street — January 2, 2012 @ 8:37 pm

2011 was a delicious year. I can’t wait to see what you share with us this year! Happy New Year! xx

17. Pingback: Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Spinach and Goat Cheese | Sweet Pea's Kitchen

18. Pingback: Mushroom, Corn, and Poblano Tacos | Sweet Pea's Kitchen

Helen — January 4, 2012 @ 2:45 pm

I made your Buffalo Chicken Bites for New Year’s Eve and they were my husband’s favorite appetizer. I forgot to buy the cornflakes so I subbed Panko bread crumbs and they came out fantastic. I actually blogged about making them today!

veghotpot — January 5, 2012 @ 5:26 am

Oh wow these all look amazing!! So many recipes that made me literally drool hehe. Looking forward to seeing more in 2012! x

21. Pingback: Lighter Fettuccine Alfredo | Sweet Pea's Kitchen