The Best of 2012

Wow! Where did 2012 go? It’s hard to believe that it’s almost over. It seems like yesterday that we were ringing in the new year! It sure was a busy and exciting year for our family. In April we spent a week traveling through Arizona to Sedona, the Grand Canyon and Scottsdale. We bought our first house in May. Celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary in June and shared with everyone that we were expecting a baby boy at the end of November. After months of planning, I launched my newly designed website in September making it much more user-friendly. And finally the most life changing event of the year, we welcomed our Little Sweet Pea on November 28th! I am so excited to see what 2013 has in store for us! Here’s to a happy and healthy 2013!!

Every New Years Eve I love looking back at all of the recipes that I have shared with you and seeing which ones were the most popular. Today I am counting down the Top 10 Most Popular Recipes on Sweet Pea’s Kitchen during 2012. I am happy to see that some of my favorites made the list! Did any of your favorite recipes make the top 10? Let’s count them down starting with number 10….

Number 10: Pumpkin Scones

Number 9: Peanut Butter “Buckeye” Pretzel Bites

Number 8: Pumpkin Roundup

Number 7: No Bake Cookies and Cream Bars

Number 6: Graham Cracker S’more’s Cookies

Number 5: Glazed Doughnut Muffins

Number 4: Snickerdoodle Muffins

Number 3: Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies

Number 2: Buffalo Chicken Bites

And the Number 1 post of 2012 was….. Lemon-Blueberry Yogurt Loaf

So there you have it….the Top 10 most popular recipes of 2012! The Buffalo Chicken Bites, Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies, Graham Cracker S’mores Cookies, and Glazed Doughnut Muffins have been in the top 10 two years in a row! Have you tried any of my recipes in the Top 10? I would love to hear how any of them turned out for you! Drop me a comment and let me know here or you can even upload a picture over on the Facebook Fan Page for Sweet Pea’s Kitchen! :D

One Year Ago: Top 10 of 2011

Two Years Ago: Top 10 of 2010

18 Responses to “The Best of 2012”

Sara — December 31, 2012 @ 12:42 pm

I’ve made the Buffalo Chicken Bites, Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies, and the Pumpkin Scones. They are all awesome! Thanks for the consistently great recipes :)

T.Dashfield — December 31, 2012 @ 1:24 pm

Happy New Year and thanks for yet another year of nummy recipes.

D. — December 31, 2012 @ 2:04 pm

Congrats new mommy! Thanks for the wonderful recipes. I made the Lemon Blueberry loaf. It was delicious! Happy new Year to you & yours.

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen — December 31, 2012 @ 2:41 pm

Happy New Year! Here’s to 2013!!

Jenn — December 31, 2012 @ 2:41 pm

I made quite a few of your recipes this year. Just a few day’s ago I made the funfeti cupcakes and the buckeye cupcakes for a party. None of the ones I made made it to the top ten of 2012! Oh, well. Pretty sure I have to try the red velvet cheesecake brownies, though. mmmmmmm.

Chris — December 31, 2012 @ 4:30 pm

I made the Snickerdoodle Muffins twice now! I took them to a family party on Christmas Eve and they were a big hit. Everyone who’s tried them loves them. :)

ChgoJohn — December 31, 2012 @ 6:42 pm

You sure did share some wonderful recipes in 2012, Christina. The highpoint for me, though, was when you shared your “Sweet Pea” with us. 2012 was a very good year.
    Wishing you and your beautiful family continued happiness in 2013.

Barrett — December 31, 2012 @ 6:58 pm

My favorite was the buffalo chicken dip. I’m actually enjoying some now as I comment, waiting for guests to arrive. I’ve passed the link out to everyone that asks about it!

Melissa B — December 31, 2012 @ 7:08 pm

Oh my goodness, so many good recipes! The Snickerdoodle Muffins sound fabulous!

Im so glad that I discovered your blog this year, I really enjoy all of your recipes!

Nae — January 1, 2013 @ 2:38 am

The one I’ve tried are the red velvet cheesecake brownies, they’ve become a hot (and chilled) favourite among family, friends and workmates of both myself and my hubby. I’ve made them for snacks at home, family functions, school fetes and also as farewell and birthday cakes. People who tell me they don’t eat sweets happily help demolish a few pieces with Nigella-style pleasure :)

The recipe was put into my kids school recipe book with the reference back to your website so I’m sure you’ve got a few more followers from there! I’ve added white chocolate to the cream cheese layer a few times with great results.

Love it to bits, made it I’d say minimum 30 times this last year and only time it failed (meaning just wasn’t quite as good as normal) was when I used a lessor quality chocolate.

It was you who got me looking through various ladies food blogs and back into the kitchen and cooking for pleasure this year, something so simple as your Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies has changed the way we have food in this house! I reckon if my hubby and kids met you they’d want to thank you :)

Laura Dembowski — January 1, 2013 @ 7:46 am

Congratulations on a seriously amazing year! All of these recipes look great. Hope 2013 is just as good for you. Can’t wait to see what you make.

sally @ sallys baking addiction — January 2, 2013 @ 5:20 am

SO many amazing recipes hitting this list! You had an amazing 2012. :) Hope you had a wonderful holiday! I want those graham cracker s’mores cookies! And the no bake cookies n cream bars :) Happy New Years my friend!

Anita at Hungry Couple — January 2, 2013 @ 8:16 am

Wow, you really did have a wonderful 2012! Happy new year!

Sandra - The Foodie Affair — January 2, 2013 @ 4:38 pm

Number three has me drooling! Those brownies look amazing!! I love looking at all your photographs! You really do a beautiful job capturing the beauty of food :)

debbie k — January 3, 2013 @ 12:35 pm

If I doubled the lemon blueberry bread and baked it in a bundt pan, how long would i bake it?

Cheryl B — January 3, 2013 @ 4:40 pm

I’ve made the Buffalo Chicken bites a few times and they are always a hit. Very convenient that you can make them ahead of time too! Looking forward to making the doughnut muffins and lemon blueberry loaf.

bea — January 7, 2013 @ 11:27 pm

love your website and recipes. Made the Red Velvet Brownies, Glazed Doughnut and Scones!!! Congrats on the new baby xo

Akiko M — February 23, 2013 @ 10:26 pm

I have been a secret admirer of your blog for some time, trying out your wonderful recipes from time to time but never had a courage to leave a comment. But as I felt somewhat responsible for the results of 2012 top 10 I decided to write this time… I must be the one (or one of those) who pushed the Lemon-Blueberry Yogurt Loaf to No.1 because I visited the page for quite a number of times! This cake is an absolute favorite of mine, and it is always popular among whoever I share with:-)
    To me, a mother of a 9 months old boy, it seems so amazing that you can keep the blog running with so many mouth-watering recipes and beautiful photos added constantly. And your little sweet pea is soooooo lovely!
    Have a great 2013!! i’ll continue to look forward to coming here (from Switzerland)!