Looking for a delicious Bacon Chedda Potato Skins recipe? Look no further. These loaded potato skins are delicious and so easy to make. Make a batch at home whenever the craving hits.
- 4 russet potatoes, scrubbed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- Set rimmed baking sheet inside oven and heat oven to 475 degrees. Prick potatoes all over with fork, place on paper towel, and microwave until tender, 10 to 15 minutes, turning potatoes over after 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes are in the microwave, cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Reserve bacon fat and then transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate; let cool, crumble and set aside.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise, use a spoon to carefully scoop out the insides (reserve for another use) leaving about 1/4 of an inch of potato on the skin. Brush exterior of potatoes with reserved bacon fat and season with salt and pepper. Transfer potatoes, skin-side down, to preheated baking sheet and bake until golden brown and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine cheeses, cornstarch, half of bacon, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Remove potato shells from oven and top with cheese mixture. Return to oven and bake until cheese melts, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer skins to paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle with remaining bacon. Serve with sour cream and sliced scallions.
- Category: appetizer
- Cuisine: american