This Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Stew is a simple twist on a classic slow cooker beef stew. A hearty and flavorful meal that’s perfect for cold and lazy nights, this will become on your favorite slow cooker stew recipes.
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups beef stock
- 14 ounce can tomatoes
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- Saute the onion, pepper and garlic in large pan over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes
- Add these together with the remaining ingredients in a slow cooker and cook over low heat for 8 hours.
- If a thicker stew is desired, mix together ¼ cup of water with 2-3 tablespoons of corn starch and then stir into the stew to thicken.
7 Weight Watchers Freestyle Smartpoints
- Category: dinner
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: slow cooker beef stew