Looking for the best banana cake recipe? This is the best banana cake recipe that I have ever had. Moist and delicious with a cream cheese icing on top, this Banana Bread Cake is sure to please.
For the Cake:
- 3 Large mashed bananas
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ½ c. Whole milk
- 2 ½ tbsp. Lemon juice
- ½ tbsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ⅔ c. Butter at room temperature
- 3 Large eggs at room temperature
- 1 c. Granulated sugar
- ½ c. Brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
For the Icing:
- ⅓ c. Butter
- 8 oz. Cream cheese
- 1 ½ tsp. Lemon zest
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice
- 3 c. Powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash up 3 large bananas, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to them, and set aside.
- Pour 1 ½ tablespoons of lemon juice into a measuring cup, and add in 1 ½ cups of milk. Set the milk mixture aside for later use.
- Using a stand mixer, beat together ⅔ cup room temperature butter, 1 cup granulated sugar and ½ cup brown sugar.
- Slowly add in 3 eggs a little at a time to the butter mixture.
- Pour in 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and beat the butter and sugar mixture until it is fluffy and creamy.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time to the butter mixture, alternating with a bit of the milk and lemon mixture. Be sure not to overmix the batter at this time.
- Once all of the flour mixture and milk have been incorporated into the cake mix, fold in the mashed bananas, and pour the batter into a greased 13×9 pan.
- Bake the cake in the oven for 60 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- When the cake has finished cooking, set it off to the side to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together ½ cup of softened butter and 8 ounces of cream cheese until well blended. Add in 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 ½ teaspoons of lemon zest.
- Slowly add in 3 cups of powdered sugar a little at a time. Mix until you have reached the desired icing texture.
- Once the cake has cooled, top it with a thick layer of icing.
- Top the slices of cake with freshly cut bananas, and serve.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana cake