The best buttermilk pancakes recipe is here. These are fluffy pancakes that are easy to make and will stop you from ever reaching for that premade store-bought pancake mix.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (10 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour crea
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 – 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk, sour cream, eggs, and melted butter; set aside.
- Make a well in center of the dry ingredients; pour in milk mixture and whisk very gently until just combined (batter will be lumpy). Do not over mix. Allow batter to sit 10 minutes before cooking.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Using paper towels, carefully wipe out oil, leaving thin film of oil on bottom and sides of pan. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto 4 spots on skillet. Cook until edges are set, first side is golden brown, and bubbles on surface are just beginning to break, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a thin, wide spatula, flip pancakes and continue to cook until second side is golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Repeat with remaining batter, using remaining oil as necessary. Serve pancakes immediately.
- To make on an electric griddle, set the griddle temperature to 350 degrees and cook as directed.
- A lower-protein all-purpose flour (like Gold Medal or Pillsbury) is best for this recipe, however, if you use an all-purpose flour with a higher protein content (like King Arthur) you will need to add an extra tablespoon or two of buttermilk.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: buttermilk pancakes