This Easy Vegetable Beef Soup is a hearty, healthy meal that will be a hit year-round. A great way to use garden fresh veggies in the summer months or to warm up during the cooler months, this ground beef vegetable soup is one you’ll make again and again.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups water
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, water, carrots, onion, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer 30 minutes longer or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Discard bay leaves before serving.