Instant Pot Cabbage Soup is an easy Instant Pot soup recipe. Cabbage Roll Soup has all the flavor and ingredients of a traditional cabbage roll but no work.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pound of lean ground pork
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- ½ large onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup of uncooked white rice
- 24 ounces of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 24 ounces of crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cups of beef broth*
- 1 head of cabbage, cored and chopped
- To the Instant Pot, press saute mode for 8 minutes.
- Add oil, once oil is hot add in onions, seasonings, herbs, and worcestershire sauce. Allow onions to get a little soft, about 1 minute.
- Next, add in both ground pork and beef. Stiring often, brown meat. (Adjust time if needed to continue cooking until browned.)
- Once meat has browned, hit the cancel button to stop the saute mode, if not done yet. Add in remaining ingredients and stir together to combine. Cover the Instant Pot with the lid set to sealing, and set timer to 35 minutes high pressure on the manual (or soup) setting.
- Once the timer goes off, press the cancel button, and do a quick release.
I used the larger Instant Pot.
For a more liquidy soup, add in an additional 2-3 cups of beef broth (or water) to the soup, once it is done.
Garnish with cheese, sour cream, parsley*** optional
8 Freestyle Smartpoints
- Category: soup
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: american