Looking for the Best Pot Roast Recipe? This is the easiest and tastiest pot roast you can make. Juicy and tender, the secret to this recipe is the Instant Pot.
- 3 lb. Beef chuck roast
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Seasoning salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Dried parsley flakes
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 C. Beef broth
- 3 Large carrots peeled and sliced
- 5 lbs. Baby yellow potatoes
- Set the Instant Pot to the saute function, and add in the olive oil.
- Cut the chuck steak in half, and season both sides with the garlic powder, seasoning salt, black pepper, onion powder and parsley flakes.
- Place the meat into the heated Instant Pot, and sear on both sides for several minutes each.
- Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add in the balsamic vinegar, tomato paste, worcestershire sauce and beef broth.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and make sure the release valve is set to the sealing function.
- Set the Instant Pot to cook on manual for 60 minutes, and allow it to come to a natural release for 10 minutes when the cook time is finished before moving the release valve to the venting position to release additional pressure.
- Open the lid, and place the carrots and potatoes into the liquid in the pot.
- Place the lid back on the Instant Pot, and set the release valve to the sealing position.
- Set the Instant Pot to cook on manual for 3 minutes, and allow it to come to a natural release for 10 minutes after the cook time once again.
- Serve the pot roast with freshly chopped parsley as garnish if desired.
- Category: dinner
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: best pot roast