Black bean tacos are filled with quinoa and corn. This black bean taco recipe is EASY & delicious. Add these quinoa black bean tacos to your meatless meals!
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth (may substitute chicken broth)
- 1 (14.5) oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Flour tortillas
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced Avocado
- Sour Cream
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook 5 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne, coriander salt, pepper and sauté 1 minute.
- Stir in broth, undrained diced tomatoes, and cooked quinoa. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat, cover saucepan with lid and simmer about 20 minutes, until mixture has thickened.
- Stir in corn and black beans and simmer, uncovered 5 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper. Serve warm over tortillas with desired toppings.
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: american