These are the very best Chocolate Crinkle Cookie recipe I have ever tried. These Black Forest Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are bite sized chewy cookies that are easy to make and will be perfect for any occasion.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (not Dutch process)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder, mixed with 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries (1.5 ounces)
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a second small bowl in a microwave or a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add cocoa to melted butter, whisking until smooth. Stir in the egg, espresso mixture, and vanilla, fully blending in each one before adding the next.
- Stir chocolate mixture into flour mixture just until combined.
- Fold chocolate chips and cherries into the dough until evenly distributed. Shape into generous 2 inch balls using a cookie scoop or a heaping tablespoon measure.
- Roll balls in powdered sugar two times, then arrange on prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until cookies are cracked, yet still soft, do not overbake.
- Let cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack.
Source: Taste of Home Fall Baking 2010
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate crinkle cookies