Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars take all the best flavors of classic cheesecake and bring in the fresh bright flavors of blueberry and lemon. This cheesecake is made into bars so the baking process and the serving process is easier. In addition, this cheesecake recipe goes father when cutting into bars.
For the Base:
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 9 graham crackers, crushed (about 3/4 cup crumbs)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9×9 inch metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. Place another piece of parchment paper in the same manner, perpendicular to the first sheet. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Combine the mixture, then turn it out into the prepared pan. Using your hands, press the crust into an even layer on the bottom of the pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until set. Remove pan to a cooling rack. Do not turn your oven off.
- While the crust is cooling, prepare the filling. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese at low speed to break up and soften it slightly, about 1 minute. With a rubber spatula, scrape the beater and the bottom and sides of the bowl. Add the sugar and beat at low speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the bowl; add the lemon juice and lemon zest and beat at low speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the bowl; add the eggs and beat at low speed until thoroughly combined, about 1 minute.
- Pour onto the cooked graham cracker base and sprinkle with blueberries. Gently press the blueberries into the batter until they are half exposed.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes, or until the center only slightly jiggles. Remove from the oven and cool completely before refrigerating for at least 3 hours. Lift the bars out by the parchment overhang; slice into desired size and store in the refrigerator. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon cheesecake bars