Ready for a simple but delicious homemade caramel apple cheesecake bars recipe? You have to try this one. The cheesecake bars have a simple crust, topped with a creamy cheesecake layer, topped with apples and then a streusel. It is so good. One bite and this will become your favorite dessert.
For the Crust:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Apples:
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
For the Drizzle:
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9×13 inch metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. Place another piece of parchment paper in the same manner, perpendicular to the first sheet. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
- To make the crust: In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Press evenly into prepared baking. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- To make the cheesecake filling: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese at low speed to break up and soften it slightly, about 1 minute. With a rubber spatula, scrape the beater and the bottom and sides of the bowl. Add 3/4 cup sugar and beat at low speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the bowl; add the eggs, one at a time and the vanilla and beat at low speed until thoroughly combined, about 1 minute. Pour over warm crust.
- For the apple filling: In a small bowl, stir together apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle evenly over cream cheese mixture.
For the streusel topping: in a small bowl, combine brown sugar, and oats. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly and the texture resembles coarse cornmeal, with the butter pieces no larger than small peas. Sprinkle envenly over apple mixture.
- Bake until filling is set, about 40-45 minutes. Drizzle with caramel topping. Cool completely before refrigerating for at least 3 hours. Lift the bars out by the parchment overhang; slice into desired size and store in the refrigerator. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: caramel apple cheesecake bars