Looking for one of the best poke cake recipes? Wait until you try this recipe that is perfect for fall. If you are craving pumpkin and cream cheese, take your poke cake to a new level with Caramel Cream Cheese Pumpkin Poke Cake Recipe.
- 1 15.25 oz box Spice cake mix
- 1 C pumpkin puree, 15 oz can
- 1 C water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 C canola oil
- 1/2 C plus 1/4 C caramel sauce
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 2 TBSP whole milk
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 – 8oz container of cool whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish with pam baking spray
- Using a standing mixer, mix together the cake mix, pumpkin, water, eggs, and oil until combined
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Poke holes into the cake with the end of a wooden spoon
- Heat up a 1/2 cup of caramel sauce for about 20-30 seconds.
- Pour the warm caramel sauce into the holes in the cake
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Once the cake is cooled, make the whipped topping
- Using a hand beater, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk just until it is smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the frosting over the top of the cake. Making sure to gently press the frosting into the holes of the cake.
- Using the remaining caramel sauce, pour the sauce into a squeeze bottle and pipe lines going vertical across the cake
- Using a toothpick drag lines through the sauce to create a zig zag effect
- Cut out a slice and enjoy!
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: pumpkin poke cake