Looking for chicken wild rice casserole? Wait until you try this recipe. With fresh flavors, this simple to make wild rice casserole is a healthy comfort meal that is great for a week night dinner or for Sunday dinner.
- 1 medium white onion (chopped)
- 5 carrots (chopped)
- 5 large celery (chopped)
- 1 C wild rice
- 3 C chicken broth
- 1 lb. boneless/ skinless raw chicken tenders (cut into small pieces)
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 4 TBSP flour
- 2 C whole milk
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep the baking dish but cooking spray.
- Add the rice and broth in the prepped baking dish.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr +15 minutes.
- Check on the rice and when it is almost done add the melted butter into a small sauce pan. Heat on medium while add the flour, salt, and poultry seasoning Stir to mix. Cook for one minute. Then begin to slowly add the milk while whisking. This will form a thick and creamy sauce.
- Remove the rice in the baking dish from the oven once it is done. Carefully removing the foil from the baking dish. Add the chicken and the sauce, stirring to combine all ingredients.
- Return to the oven. Increase the heat to 450 degrees baking for 30-20 minutes. (Or until the chicken is no longer pink)
- Top with salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: chicken wild rice casserole