Do you love donuts? Want easy apple donuts? These baked donuts are easy to make and tastes amazing. With a bright apple flavor, these cake mix donuts are great for a grab and go breakfast idea.
- 1 box of spice cake mix
- 1 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pie spice
- 1 cup chocolate chips for the batter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips for garnish
Donut icing Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 – 3 tbsp water
- 1/4 c + 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- Simply whisk all ingredient together in a stand mixer, using the water to adjust for desired consistency.
- Cover and set to the side.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a donut pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, add cake mix, apple sauce, pie spice, and cinnamon, mix to combine.
- Add your chocolate chips to the batter and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into the donut pan.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove the donuts from the oven and let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Once donuts are cool remove from the pan.
- Set up a baking tray with a cookie cooling rack on top.
- Dip the top of the donut into the icing place on the cooling rack.
- Garnish with chocolate chips.
- Repeat until all are coated and garnished.
Serving size: 1 dozen