You aren’t going to get much better than these Cinnamon Roll Cookies! They are soft and delicious, just like a cinnamon roll, but in the shape and with the texture of a cookie.
For the Cookies:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
For the Icing:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1–2 teaspoons milk
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the powdered sugar, butter, salt and vanilla. Add the flour and mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together.
- Transfer the dough to a piece of parchment or waxed paper. Roll out into a 9×12 inch rectangle. Whisk egg white with water until foamy, and brush on the surface of the rolled dough.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle it evenly over the dough. Starting with the long end, roll the dough into a log, sealing the edge. Wrap it in plastic wrap and freeze until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the freezer and unwrap from the plastic wrap. Using a sharp knife, gently cut into 1/2-inch slices. Transfer them to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies 12 to 15 minutes, until they’re a light golden brown. Remove them from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the icing, in a small bowl mix together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth and desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american