Looking for a simple baked pear recipe? This Cinnamon Sugar Baked Pears with Granola Crumble is the perfect pear dessert. It is so easy to make and it tastes decadent.
- 2 Large slightly under ripe pears
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 3 tsp. Granulated sugar
- ¼ c. Brown sugar
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ c. Old fashioned oats
- ¼ c. Chopped almonds
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice each pear in half. You want to choose firm baking pears or slightly under ripe large eating pears. Pears that are very ripe will bake into mush.
- Use a spoon to scoop out a bit of the center of each pear.
- In a small bowl, combine the warm melted butter, vanilla and granulated sugar. Stir until the ingredients are combined well.
- Brush the butter mixture onto each pear half, reserving the remaining butter mixture for later.
- Mix together ¼ cup of brown sugar with a ½ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over top of the pear halves.
- In a bowl, add ¼ cup of chopped almonds to a half cup of old fashioned oats.
- Pour the remaining butter mixture over top of the oats and almonds, and stir to combine them.
- Fill the center of each pear half with the oat and almond mixture.
- Bake the pears uncovered for 30-40 minutes until the top is browned and caramelized and the flesh has softened.
- Serve with sprinkled cinnamon, whipped topping or fresh vanilla ice cream.