Your day is sure to be more enjoyable when it’s filled with this incredible Coffee Lover’s Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake. If you love anything coffee-flavored, you are bound to get excited over this insanely good coffee cake.
For the Topping and Filling:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 ½ teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the Coffee Cake:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- To make the topping/filling: In a small bowl combine the sugar, coffee granules and cinnamon; set aside.
- To make the coffee cake: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Gradually add the flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. (The batter will be thick)
- Spread half of the batter evenly into prepared baking pan and sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar topping and half the chocolate chips. Spoon the remaining batter in 8 dollops over the batter in the pan and spread gently. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon-sugar and chocolate chips.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Source: adapted from Taste of Home
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: american