Looking for a delicious creamy sausage pasta with tomatoes recipe? This Italian sausage pasta dinner is easy to make and it tastes amazing. This sausage and pasta recipe is sure to become one of your family’s favorite.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes with added puree
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 pound farfalle pasta
- 1/2 cup (packed) chopped fresh basil
- Freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- In a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add sausage and crushed red pepper. Sauté until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up, about 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic; sauté until onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and cream. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sausage mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to same pot. Add sausage mixture and toss over medium-low heat until sauce coats pasta, adding reserved cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if mixture is dry. Transfer pasta to serving dish. Sprinkle with basil and cheese.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sausage pasta