Do you love apple pie? You are going to love this Crescent Roll Apple Pie Bites Recipe. Easy to make, simple and delicious, it is like small single serve apple pies.
Easy to Make Apple Pie Bites
I love apple pie, but I don’t always want to make a large apple bite. These apple pie bites are little apple crescent rolls. It makes the best mini apple pies. This is a great last minute dessert and is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
What to Serve with Crescent Roll Apple Dumplings
I love to make these as a simple weeknight dessert, I love to serve them to guests as well. The taste is amazing, and no one would think these are as simple as they are to make. Everyone will think you spent all afternoon on them. So while these are the best crescent roll apple dumplings, you will want an equally amazing dinner to go with them. Here are some of my favorite ideas.
- Garlic Herb Potatoes and Steak Skillet – You can’t find a more filling and hearty meal than this skillet garlic butter herb steak and potatoes recipe. Sometimes you just get a craving for some protein, and this dish fits the bill.
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings – These succulent Instant Pot garlic parmesan chicken wings are finger-licking good! Juicy, tender garlic parmesan wings are super easy to make too!
- Garlic Butter Meatballs with Lemon Zucchini Noodles Recipe – These are the ultimate garlic butter meatballs with zucchini noodles! With every bite of these low carb meatballs, you will be yearning for the next one!
- Slow Cooker Shepherd’s Pie – You can’t find a better comfort food than this slow cooker shepherd’s pie! It’s super flavorful, easy to make, and doesn’t take much effort.
What are the Best Apples for Apple Pie
What makes the best apples for apple pie? Well, there are a few different things to look for. When you are thinking about buying apples for apple pie, you want to know which of the 7,500 different apples to choose from that are available across the world. Who knew there was so many apples. Even in the US alone, there are 1000 apples to choose from. Knowing what to look for in apple pie apples is the best way to know what apples to use.
When you are looking for apples to use in apple pie you want to look to certain textures and tastes. There are definitely apples that are considered perfect for baking. Some apples do not cook well because they do not soften up and other apples become too mushy when you bake with them. The best baking apples are apples that have the blend of sweet and tart that bakes well.
What Apples to Use
The best apples to use for apple pie are:
- Granny Smith Apples– These are a favorite when it comes to making an apple pie. These apples are very firm, do not mush when cooked and has the tart taste that goes well with the sugar in apple pie.
- Golden Delicious– Golden delicious is a yellow apple that is pretty easy to find all year long. It is a sweet and tart apple that is perfect for apple pie. It bakes well, not as firm as Granny Smith but does not mush when it cooks.
- Rome – This is often referred to as a beautiful apple. It has perfect red skin and the most “apple” shape. The flavor is not pronounced and can be considered bland, but this is not a bad idea when it comes to making a good apple pie. It lets the flavors of the pie stand out.
- Honeycrisp – While Honeycrisps are one of the sweeter varieties of apple, it is only available for a few months in the fall. It makes a great pie when you can find them.
These are just a few of the best apples to use. When choosing your apples, you will want to base it what you can find fresh that holds up well to baking.
Ingredients in Mini Apple Pies
- crescent rolls
- light brown sugar
- chopped pecans
- granny smith apple
Homemade Caramel Sauce Ingredients
- light brown sugar
- vanilla extract
How to Make Crescent Roll Apple Pie Bites
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside. Lie down a sheet of parchment paper on your counter.
Roll out each of the 8 crescent rolls individually.
In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add 2 tbsp of the cinnamon sugar mixture to each crescent and layer it evenly.
Divide the chopped pecans evenly between the crescents. Take your apple slices and toss them in the melted butter.
Add one apple slice to the wide end of your crescent roll, and roll it up towards the narrow end. Repeat for the remaining rolls.
Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter and place onto your parchment covered cookie sheet.
Bake 9-10 minutes until crescents begin to turn golden brown.
Drizzle with homemade caramel sauce, and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Homemade Caramel Sauce directions:
In a small saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter, and milk to a boil.
Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly until the caramel thickens.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 8 ct. crescent rolls
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 granny smith apple cored and cut into 8 slices
Homemade Caramel Sauce ingredients:
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside. Lie down a sheet of parchment paper on your counter.
- Roll out each of the 8 crescent rolls individually.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add 2 tbsp of the cinnamon sugar mixture to each crescent and layer it evenly.
- Divide the chopped pecans evenly between the crescents. Take your apple slices and toss them in the melted butter.
- Add one apple slice to the wide end of your crescent roll, and roll it up towards the narrow end. Repeat for the remaining rolls.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter and place onto your parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-10 minutes until crescents begin to turn golden brown.
- Drizzle with homemade caramel sauce, and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Homemade Caramel Sauce directions:
- In a small saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter, and milk to a boil.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the caramel thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Need more Easy Dessert Recipes:
Easy Caramel Apple Dip Recipe – If you want an easy caramel apple dip recipe, you are going to love this recipe.
Pumpkin Caramel Latte Cupcake – These pumpkin caramel latte cupcakes combine two of fall’s most popular flavors and taste phenomenal.
Instant Pot Apple Cake Recipe – Instant Pot apple cake is so easy to make, is moist and delicious and will simply knock your socks off.
Best Peach Cobbler Crumble Bars – These are the best peach cobbler crumble bars ever.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe – Light, tender, and bursting with pumpkin flavor.