If you are love scones, you need to try these Dark Chocolate Raspberry Scones. These tender scones are bursting with raspberry flavor and the sweetness of dark chocolate. These flavors together make one of the best scones you will ever taste.
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 sticks), divided, and frozen
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries (about 7 1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (plain or raspberry)
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus additional for work surface
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grate 8 tablespoons of butter on large holes of box grater Place grated butter in freezer until needed.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of ungrated butter and set aside. Place raspberries in freezer until needed.
- Whisk together milk and Greek yogurt in medium bowl; refrigerate until needed.
- Whisk flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Add frozen butter to flour mixture and toss with fingers until thoroughly coated.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture; fold with spatula until just combined. With rubber spatula, transfer dough to liberally floured work surface. Dust surface of dough with flour; with floured hands, knead dough 6 to 8 times, until it just holds together in ragged ball, adding flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Roll dough into an approximate 12-inch square. Fold dough into thirds like a business letter, using bench scraper to release dough if it sticks to countertop. Lift short ends of dough and fold into thirds again to form approximate 4-inch square. Transfer dough to plate lightly dusted with flour and chill in freezer 5 minutes.
- Transfer dough to floured work surface and roll into approximate 12-inch square again. Sprinkle raspberries and chocolate chips evenly over surface of dough, then press down so they are slightly embedded in dough. Using bench scraper, loosen dough from work surface. Roll dough, pressing to form tight log. Lay seam-side down and press log into 12 by 4-inch rectangle. Using sharp, floured knife, cut rectangle crosswise into 4 equal rectangles. Cut each rectangle diagonally to form 2 triangles and transfer to parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon sugar. Bake until tops and bottoms are golden brown, 18 to 25 minutes.Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- While the scones are cooling, make the glaze by mixing the confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla extract together until smooth. Drizzle over each scone and allow the icing to dry before serving.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: English
Keywords: raspberry scones