If you are looking for the perfect eggless chocolate cake recipe, you need this simple Decadent Eggless Chocolate Cake. Sometimes called Depression cake, this cake is perfect for a budget friendly cake recipe.
- 1 1/2 C All-purpose Flour
- 1/3 C Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- 1/2 TSP Kosher Salt
- 1 TSP White Vinegar
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 C Vegetable Oil or Canola Oil
- 1 C Water
- Chocolate Frosting of your choice
- Rainbow Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8-inch square pan with butter.
- In the greased pan, combine the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk lightly with a fork or small whisk to combine.
- Make two small wells on the sides and 1 large well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- Pour the vinegar and vanilla into the small wells then pour the oil in the big well, if they spill over the wells that’s perfectly okay.
- Pour the water over the top and whisk again to combine thoroughly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Frost the cake with your choice of chocolate frosting.
- Optional; sprinkle rainbow sprinkles on top.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Eggless Chocolate Cake