Biting into this Easy Cream Biscuits Recipe is going to be one of your best decisions ever! They are soft, fluffy, and have the perfect flavor.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the surface
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place melted butter in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Stir in the cream with a wooden spoon until dough forms, about 30 seconds. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gather into a ball. Knead the dough briefly until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Shape the dough into a 3/4-inch-thick circle. Using a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter, cut out as many biscuits as you can. (Cut straight down with a sharp biscuit cutter. Don’t twist the cutter or you’ll seal the edges of the biscuit and reduce the rise.) Try to cut the biscuits close to one another so you get the most out of the first round. Gather together the scraps, working them as little as possible, pat out to a 3/4 inch thickness and cut as many additional biscuits as you can. Dip the top of each round into melted butter and arrange on the baking sheet. (The baking sheet can be wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 2 hours.) Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking.
- These biscuits freeze very well. Just cut the biscuits into 2 1/2-inch rounds and freeze on the baking sheet. Once frozen, wrap in an airtight container. Biscuits can be frozen for up to two months. Bake without defrosting, just add a couple more minutes to the baking time.
- Category: side dish
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american