This Easy Firecracker Chicken In Instant Pot recipe is packed with flavors and the perfect amount of heat in every bite.
- 1 ¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- ⅓ cup corn flour
- ⅓ cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten room temp
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- ⅓ cup buffalo hot sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes or more to taste
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup snow peas
- ¼ cup sliced red pepper
- ½ onion, sliced
- Cut up your chicken breasts into 1″ to 1.5″ chunks and set them aside.
- Set up your station with one bowl holding your beaten eggs, and the other holding your flour, and corn flour.
- Spray the inside of your air fryer lightly with some oil.
- Dip your chicken cube into the egg washl, then place it into your coating.
- Make sure your chicken is well coated and place it into the air fryer.
Repeat until your air fryer is full.
- Set your air fryer to 400F and cook your homemade chicken for 5 minutes.
- You do not want to fully cook as we will use the Instant Pot next.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the buffalo sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar and red pepper flakes.
- Set to the side.
- Add the olive oil and the veggies to the instant pot turned on to saute’ high.
- Stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the instant pot.
- Toss to combine.
- Turn the instant pot off / cancel.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the vent.
- Turn on manual for 4 minutes.
- Once the timer is up release the pressure from the Instant Pot.
- Remove the lid and serve.
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: american