This Easy Fruit Cake Recipe is just like what you grew up eating! It’s filled with nuts, spices, and is topped with a flavorful cream cheese icing that’s a show stopper.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, to taste
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup candied peel, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, to taste
For the frosting:
- 1/2 package (4oz) cream cheese
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups powdered icing sugar
- 1–2 Tablespoons table cream, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease and line a 9″ x 4″ loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and spices. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy, 2 minutes.
- Add the warm water, milk, vanilla and eggs. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add half of the flour mixture, mix until combined, and then the remaining half. Do not overmix.
- Add in the candied peel and nuts, to taste.
- Fold the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- For the frosting, combine the cream cheese and powdered icing sugar for 2 minutes until smooth and light. Adjust the consistency with more powdered sugar or cream.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american