Looking for a simple Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe? This recipe for Grilled Chicken Tikka Masala is easy to make and tastes amazing. This recipe is easily customized for your love of spicy foods so that anyone can enjoy it.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 long skewers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and salt. Stir in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat melt butter. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Stir in cumin, paprika, salt, and garam masala. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Add grilled chicken to the sauce mixture and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve with garlic naan.
Source: adapted from allrecipes.com
- Category: dinner
- Method: grill
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: chicken tikka masala