Deep dark chocolate Swirl Brownies have sweet, tangy Greek yogurt swirls. This is the best brownie recipe ever! You can’t go wrong with this homemade brownie recipe.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 ounces dark chocolate (72%), chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Maldon sea salt
- 3/4 cup Choboni Greek yogurt (plain, vanilla or honey flavored)
- 3/4 tsp. honey
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 8 inch metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
- In a small, heatproof bowl, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir until combined, add cocoa powder and stir until very smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Add chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Add flour and espresso powder and stir until just combined and no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle the sea salt over the top and set aside.
- To prepare Greek yogurt mixture, beat yogurt, honey and vanilla extract in a small bowl until smooth. Distribute the yogurt mixture in 8 dollops over batter in the pan. Swirl in with a knife or spatula.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until brownies are set around the edges–the center will still appear to be a little underdone.
- Let the brownies cool completely at room temperature in the pan for 1 hour, then refrigerate until they are firm, about 1 hour.
The brownies can be refrigerated for up to 3 days, and frozen for up to 1 month.
- Category: dessert
Keywords: swirl brownies, best brownie recipe, homemade brownie recipe, easy homemade brownies, fudgy brownie recipe