Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake is great for dessert or brunch. This delicious cinnamon swirl cake has a cream cheese icing that’s out of this world.
For the Pound Cake:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
For the Cinnamon Swirl:
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
For the Icing:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans; dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add sour cream, vanilla extract and heavy cream and beat until combined.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture, beat to combine.
- To Make the Cinnamon Swirl: Combine the 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Pour 1/3 of batter into prepared loaf pans. Sprinkle half of cinnamon sugar mixure into pans. Repeat with remaining batter, then remaining cinnamon sugar, then ending with batter.
- Bake 50 to 70 minutes or until edges begin to brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. If cake is not ready at 50 minutes, check again every 5-10 minutes. (Mine took 70 minutes to bake)
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing loaf to a wire rack on top of a baking sheet.
- To Make the Icing, beat together butter and cream cheese. Add heavy cream, vanilla, powdered sugar and salt and beat to combine. Spread evenly over cooled loaves. Let the icing harden, about 15 minutes, before serving.
- Category: dessert