Looking for an Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan recipe? One bite and this will be the only way you will make chicken parmesan again. Simple and delicious, you have to try this recipe.
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Prepare four boneless skinless chicken breasts by trimming fat and patting dry.
- Season the chicken with basil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 – 60 seconds).
- Add the chicken, quickly searing each side.
- In your slow cooker, pour half of the bottle of marinara sauce.
- Add your chicken and cover with the remaining marinara sauce.
- Top with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- In a skillet right before serving, heat up 2 tbsp olive oil. Add the breadcrumbs and cook for a few minutes until crisped.
- To serve chicken, top with mozzarella and breadcrumbs. Great over pasta, as a sandwich or on it’s own.
- Category: dinner
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: italian
Keywords: slow cooker chicken parmesan