Looking for a delicious galette recipe? You need to try this one. Flakey and sweet, this strawberry filled dessert is the perfect refreshing dessert.
- 2 premade pie crusts
- 4 C. small fresh whole strawberries
- ⅓ C sugar, plus a pinch for sprinkling
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Allow pie crusts to sit at room temp (or follow directions on box to thaw, if frozen).
- Add sugar to strawberries in a bowl and stir until coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Open pie crusts and put half of the strawberries in the center of each crust.
- Begin to fold crust over the center, leaving a “hole” in the middle showing the strawberries.
- Do this by folding one side of the crust toward the middle, then the next, adding a little water if needed, and pinch seems.
- (This is easiest done on the baking sheet so you don’t have to lift it up and place in on risking spilling.)
- Beat the egg with water and brush over crusts.
- Sprinkle crust with a bit of sugar.
- Bake for 20-22 min, until crust is golden brown and cooked through.
- Let cool.
- There will probably be some juice that comes out while cooking.
- If there is a lot of juice, avoid the crust from getting soggy by transferring to a wire rack with baking sheet underneath to catch any drips.
*if you don’t have small strawberries, then cut large ones in half to measure out 4 cups.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: french