Love Indian food but think you can’t make it at home? There is no need for that takeout tonight. This easy Eggplant Curry is going to make you able to make amazing Indian food in your own home. The dish is super flavorful and is so easy.
- 2 pints Cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 lb. Eggplant peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 Small onion chopped
- 1 tsp. Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Curry powder
- 1 tsp. Garam Masala
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- 1 c. Evaporated milk or coconut milk
- 1 c. Water
- 1 Can chickpeas drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a pot over medium heat.
- Toss the onions into the oil, and cook until they have begun to brown and soften.
- Mix in 2 pints of cherry tomatoes that have been cut in half and 1 pound of eggplant that has been peeled and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Add 1 teaspoon of garlic, the curry powder, garam masala, cumin, turmeric and paprika. Stir and cook the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add in 1 cup of evaporated milk and 1 cup of water, mixing thoroughly.
- Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes until the eggplant has softened.
- Mix in salt and pepper to taste as well as a can of drained chickpeas. Cook until the chickpeas are heated through, and serve the curry over a bed of rice
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: Eggplant, Curry, Chickpeas