What are you eating for breakfast? Since you should never skip breakfast, you should make this Farmer’s Healthy Breakfast Casserole Recipe. Simple to make, you can even make it ahead.
Everyone knows that you should eat breakfast everyday. But sometimes, you don’t have time or nothing sounds good. That is why you have to try this healthy breakfast casserole. Not only is it healthy, it tastes amazing. Make the casserole when you have the time, and then heat up a piece in the mornings before the day gets hectic. It makes having a good breakfast easy.
What to Serve with a Healthy Breakfast Casserole
A healthy breakfast is so important. This recipe is great when you are looking for something quick that can be reheated in a few minutes. It is also perfect for brunch. If you are making this recipe for brunch, you can also try:
Variations to Farmers Breakfast
This is one of those recipes that can easily be turned into a kitchen sink recipe. Since it is like a quiche, you can take a lot of leftovers and add them to this dish.
- Different Meat: Don’t have ham? That’s ok. Use chopped chicken, leftover ground beef or whatever you have.
- Leftover veggies: Do have leftover veggies from dinner? Use them in this casserole.
- Diced Potatoes: If you have good potatoes or want to use fresh potatoes, you can certainly add it to this recipe.
Can this Healthy Breakfast Casserole Be Made ahead
If you are planning a special breakfast for any occasion, you can start this breakfast the night before. Get all of the ingredients ready and do each of the steps until it is time to bake. Cover with plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator until the next more. When you are ready, preheat the oven, remove the plastic wrap and put the casserole in the oven. While you are preheating the oven, let the eggs start to come to room temperature. This helps it to reheat easier. This is a great way to save yourself time when you want to have a big breakfast but won’t have time to make it that morning.
How to Store Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Once the Breakfast casserole recipe has cooled, if you have leftovers, you will want to store them in the refrigerator. You can take the leftovers and put it in an airtight container or you can leave it in the casserole dish that you bake it in. If leaving it in the dish, you will want to make sure you are wrapping it tightly with plastic to keep the air from getting to it. The breakfast casserole with stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How to Reheat Farmers Breakfast
If you have leftovers of this Farmers Breakfast you will want to reheat them for other meals. You can take the entire casserole dish and heat it in the oven until it is heated through about 10 minutes. Additionally, you can heat individual portions in the microwave for a fast and easy breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack.
Can Breakfast Casserole with Ham Be Frozen
If you are trying to eat more homecooked meals, less take out, and frozen foods, this Breakfast Casserole is a great option. You can bake the entire casserole and freeze it once it has been cooked. You can cut it into individual servings and freeze it that way. This is a nice option for someone who wants to be able to heat up individual servings as needed.
Whether you are making this breakfast as a make-ahead breakfast that is easy to grab in the morning when you are short on time or you want to make this recipe as part of a brunch or special breakfast, it is a recipe that will become a go to recipe because the taste is fantastic and it is so easy to make.
Ingredients in Farmer’s Healthy Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- diced frozen potatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- reduced-fat Colby & Monterrey blend cheese
- green onions
- evaporated milk
- egg beaters
- orange and red bell pepper
How to Make Farmer’s Healthy Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook until lightly browned.
Spray an 11×13 dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Add cooked potatoes in a layer on the bottom of the casserole dish.
Next, layer ham, cheese, and green onion on top of potatoes.
In a large bowl, whisk together egg beaters, evaporated milk, salt, and pepper.
Pour egg mixture into the casserole dish.
Bake 50-55 minutes until casserole is cooked through.
Allow casserole to cool, then cut into 15 equal servings. Serve immediately.
- 6 cups diced frozen potatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat Colby & Monterrey blend cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups cubed ham, fully cooked
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 2 12 oz. cans of evaporated milk
- 2 cups egg beaters, egg substitute
- 1 cup orange and red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook until lightly browned.
- Spray an 11x13 dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add cooked potatoes in a layer on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Next, layer ham, cheese, and green onion on top of potatoes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg beaters, evaporated milk, salt, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into the casserole dish.
- Bake 50-55 minutes until casserole is cooked through.
- Allow casserole to cool, then cut into 15 equal servings. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g