Looking for the best Greek Chicken recipe? This baked Greek chicken recipe is topped with feta cheese and is so delicious and juicy, that you will want to make this all the time.
For the Salsa:
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped oregano
For the Chicken:
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (7 ounces each)
- pepper to taste
- kosher salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a large bowl, combine feta, tomatoes, olives, parsley, lemon juice, 1/4 cup olive oil and oregano. Cover and chill in refrigerator.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large roasting pan over medium-high heat. Season chicken with kosher salt and pepper. Sear chicken, about 1-2 minutes each side; remove from heat.
- Squeeze lemon wedges over chicken to coat. Place the squeezed lemon wedges around the chicken breasts. Roast until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160°, about 25-30 minutes. Transfer chicken and lemons to a large platter. Top with salsa.
Source: Cuisine at Home, April 2009
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: Greek Chicken