Looking for a veggie lasagna recipe? This is not only a healthy recipe but the taste is amazing. The grilled vegetables take this from being a basic vegetable lasagna recipe to something so much better.
- 16 ounce box lasagna noodles
- 32 ounce jar pasta sauce
- 15 ounces Ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 8 ounces parmesan, shredded
- 10 stalks fresh kale
- 4 squash (green and yellow)
- 1 eggplant
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 heads garlic
- 4 peppers (mix of yellow, red, poblano)
- 1 large red onion
- 6 large mushroom caps (portabellas work well)
- Olive oil
- Cut veggies into 1/2” slabs, leaving kale and garlic heads whole.
- Toss in 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare lasagna noodles per package instructions.
- Grill the veggies until charred and beginning to soften. The garlic should stay on at the edge of the grill for about 20-30 minutes, until soft. The kale will cook quickly, tossing and turning with tongs continuously for about 2 minutes will provide just enough charting at the edges, and soften the ribs.
- Chop the grilled veggies into roughly 1/2” cubes, keeping them in separate piles for layering. Finely chop the kale.
- Cut the tops off the garlic and squeeze out the cloves -they should be firm enough to squeeze out whole, yet soft enough to mash.
- Combine the ricotta, eggs, Parmesan, finely chopped kale, and garlic.
- In a 9” x 13” lasagna pan, spread a thin layer of sauce then a layer of noodles. Finish layering as follows: squash and onions, noodles, ricotta mixture and portabellas, noodles, eggplant and tomatoes, noodles, peppers, noodles, sauce, then top with mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Category: dinner
- Method: grill
- Cuisine: italian
Keywords: Veggie Lasagna