Looking for the best Cream Cheese Biscuits recipe? Look no further. These homemade biscuits recipe is the best biscuit recipe you will ever need. Use these biscuits as a side dish for dinner, smothered in jam or use them as the base of a sandwich.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and frozen 30 minutes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and frozen 30 minutes
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor pulse all-purpose flour, cake flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cream cheese, and butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in buttermilk until combined (dough may appear slightly dry).
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times until dough comes together. Press or roll dough into a 3/4-inch-thick rectangle (about 8 x 6 inches). Cut into twelve 2-inch squares and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and let cool 5 minutes. Serve warm.
- To Make Ahead: Unbaked cut biscuits can be refrigerated on baking sheet, covered with plastic wrap, for 1 day. To finish, heat oven to 450 degrees and bake as directed.
- Category: bread
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cream cheese biscuits