Looking for an easy gingerbread cookies recipe? These are the best gingerbread crinkle cookies you will ever eat. Easy to make, enjoy these gingerbread cookies this holiday season.
- 3 C flour
- 3/4 C dark brown sugar (packed)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (softened, but still cool, cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 3/4 C molasses
- 2 Tbsp whole milk
- 1/2 C sugar (in a bowl)
- 1/2 C powdered sugar (in a bowl)
- Using an electric mixer on low-speed stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt until combined. (about 20 seconds.)
- Stop the mixer and add the butter pieces. Mix at medium-low speed until the mixture is sandy and resembles fine meal. (about 1 1/2 minutes.)
- Reduce the speed to low.
- Now with the mixer running, gradually add the molasses and milk. Mix until the dough is evenly moistened (about 20 seconds)
- Increase the speed to medium and mix until thoroughly combined. (about 10 seconds.)
- Transfer the dough onto a work surface. Divide the dough in half. Shape each half of the dough into two balls, Wrap each dough ball the in plastic wrap and freeze until firm. (20 to 30 minutes.)
- Or your second option is that you can refrigerate the dough for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove the cookie dough from the fridge. Begin rolling the dough into individual 2- inch balls in diameter. Do not overwork the dough as it will get too warm. (If the dough becomes warm rewrap it in the plastic wrap and return it to the refrigerator until it is chilled.) Roll each dough ball in the sugar until coated. Now transfer the ball to the confectioners’ sugar and roll again until coated evenly. Pur the coated dough balls 1-inch apart on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees until they are set in the centers. (About 12 minutes.) Be sure to not over bake them.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. Allow them to cool on the sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely (to room temperature).
Makes 24 cookies.
Store gingerbread crinkle cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
The cookies can be stored for up to a week.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: gingerbread cookies