A tender Instant Pot apple cake recipe that is easy to make in your pressure cooker. Great for family gatherings, potlucks and more. Moist apple cake that is quick and easy to make.
- 3 C (4 Apples) Granny Smith Apples, diced
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 C canola oil
- 3/4 C sugar
- 2 tbsp pulp free orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- powdered sugar to dust
- 1 C water (For IP insert)
- 1 6inch IP springform pan
- Using a small mixing bowl, mix together the diced apples, cinnamon, and 2 tbsp sugar. Set aside
- Using a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, orange juice, sugar, vanilla and eggs until combined
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- Grease your springform with pam baking spray
- Pour half the batter into the springform pan
- Spread half the diced apples on top of the batter
- Pour the remaining batter on top of the apples and pour the remaining diced apples and juices onto the the top layer of the cake batter
- Cover the springform pan with foil
- Add 1 C of water into the insert of the IP and place the trivet inside.
- Place the springform onto the trivet and close the lid.
- Select the manual and set the time for 60 minutes
- Once the timer goes off, allow to natural pressure release before removing the lid
- Carefully take out the trivet and remove the foil from the springform pan
- Allow the cake to cool completely before removing the springform
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: Instant Pot Apple Cake