Instant Pot Cashew Chicken has healthy veggies, crunchy cashews, and tender, juicy chicken. You can make a meal in your kitchen, that’s way better than take out!
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1.25 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup red bell peppers, diced small
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 cup roasted cashews, halved
- 3 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Asian chili garlic sauce
- 3/4 tsp. minced ginger
- Green onions for garnish
- In a large ziploc bag, add cornstarch, flour, salt, pepper, and the chicken.
- Close the bag and shake to combine.
- In your Instant pot add the oils, chicken, set to saute’. Saute’ for 4 to 5 minutes stirring often.
- Chicken should be about almost cooked through.
- Add the broccoli, bell peppers, garlic, and stir to combine.
- To a medium bowl add the soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, chili-garlic sauce, ginger, and whisk to combine; set aside.
- Add the sauce and stir to combine.
- Close the lid on your instant pot and set to seal.
- Set manuel to 8 min.
- Once done open the seal to release steam until done.
- Add the cashews to the chicken and stir to combine.
- Add the green onions, stir to combine, and serve immediately.
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: american