Looking for a simple chicken and rice recipe? This Instant Pot chicken recipe features delicious tender chicken, flavorful rice and veggies. One bite and this will go on your weekly menu.
- 1 lb. Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 C. chopped onion
- 3 Cloves minced garlic
- 4 Medium carrots chopped
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ C. Brown rice (do not use instant rice)
- 1 ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ C. Chicken broth
- 1 C. Frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Set the Instant Pot to the saute function, and add in the olive oil, chopped onions and carrots. Continue to saute the vegetables for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, dijon mustard and brown rice. Continue to saute for one minute longer.
- Turn the Instant Pot off, and add in the chicken broth. Stir to combine well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste to the chicken breasts, and place them on top of the other ingredients in the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid, and set the release valve on the pot to sealing.
- Use the manual setting on high for 20 minutes. Once finished, allow the Instant Pot to do a natural release for 12 minutes before turning the release valve to venting to release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the chicken, and chop it into pieces, then add it back into the pot along with the frozen peas. Stir to combine everything well, and serve with freshly chopped parsley on top.
- Category: dinner
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: instant pot chicken and rice