Looking for an easy tortilla soup recipe? This is the Best Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe ever. Fast and Easy this Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- ½ c Onion chopped
- 15 oz. Can red enchilada sauce
- 4 oz. Green fire roasted chilis
- 5 oz. Can Fired roasted tomatoes
- 4 Cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 4 c. Chicken broth
- 1 Can drained and rinsed black beans
- 1 lb. Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Can drained sweet corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional items for garnishing include: lime wedges, tortilla chips, avocado slices and sour cream.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute, and add in the olive oil and chopped onions. Continue to saute until the onions begin to soften, and then turn off the saute feature.
- Mix in the green chilis, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, chicken broth and black beans. Stir to combine well.
- Lay the chicken breasts in the center of the mixture, and close the lid of the Instant Pot, making sure the release valve is in the sealing position.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual for 10 minutes. When the cook time is done, allow the Instant Pot to do a natural release for 10 minutes, before turning the release valve to the venting position to relieve any remaining pressure.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot, and shred using two forks in a large mixing bowl. Return the chicken to the soup mixture, and stir to combine.
- Pour the can of corn into the soup mixture, and mix well.
- Serve immediately topped with your choice of items for garnish, including lime wedges, tortilla chips, sour cream and avocado slices.